Facts about your teacher Mrs Greatrex
- I have almost completed my 23rd year of teaching and have been teaching at Highfields for just over 10 years. This is my third school.
- I studied History at University – I love learning about the past.
- The two subjects that I really disliked at school were maths and science. As an adult, I love teaching them both and have lead both subjects as a middle and senior leader.
- I must confess that I do not like reading fantasy stories or science fiction. I really don’t like the Harry Potter books either. My favourite book is ‘Pride and Prejudice’ by Jane Austin – I love books with happy endings!
- My favourite things are shoes, handbags, chocolate, holidays, spending time with my family, and my white westie dog called Honey.
What will it be like in Year 4 ?
Life will be very much the same as it has been in Year 3 since February. We will have the same classroom and our teaching assistant will also be Mrs Drover. The high expectations will remain the same and everyone will be expected to behave well, work hard and try their very best – this includes homework.
- Swimming lessons will take place on Tuesday afternoons for all children. Everyone will be expected to remember to bring their kit each week.
Routines and Expectations
- Homework, Learning Journals and Reading Journals are to be handed in each week by Thursday am.
- Learning Journals and Reading Journals MUST be signed by an adult each week.